Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2017, 09:24 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Still a better choice than hart or Corbin, didnt see Sheen their, so he could be a good doctor as he has that weird doctor vibe already.
Corbin? That's twice you've mentioned him.

You do realize he's leader of the Labour Party and quite unlikely to be cast as the Doctor.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 31st January 2017, 09:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Corbin? That's twice you've mentioned him.

You do realize he's leader of the Labour Party and quite unlikely to be cast as the Doctor.
whoops, Corden
Old 31st January 2017, 09:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist

This shocks me on so many fronts, I feel like General Custer at Little Big Horn...

west front: I really feel very comfortable with Capaldi now, especially since he is the first since the reboot, who manages to get quirks of the old Docs back into the acting, especially Tom Bake, who was my initiator to the show...

east front: The fear of a pick I would not like, wich is divided into two sub-fronts:

out of the forrest: Make the show young again - sounds like a slogan of an arse I really do not want to get into, so just nod if you understand I saw Class as a capital failure for me...

down the hill: That is the nomen est omen attack for me: If they use a woman, the show is dead...

It really sounds like a fanboy rant, which it probably is, but trust me that boy is with me for quite some decades and another year is added this coming Friday, but please do not send flowers, I am allergic to pollen

Now I hide behind the TARDIS sofa and hope for the best...
Old 31st January 2017, 11:14 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 19

Robot (1974)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg robot6.jpg (80.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 31st January 2017, 01:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I've heard people saying how surprised they are, yet I thought it was obvious the moment Moffat was off. He'll have done 3 years, which is the most any new series Doctor has done, and given his era hasn't really been the most popular anyway, it seemed pretty obvious to me that we'd get a complete fresh start under Chibnall, as well as being a good idea to do so.
I think Capaldi should of stayed on for just one more season to be honest. I know that Capaldi isn't everyone's cup of tea when it comes to a Doctor, but it would of been nice just to see how Capaldi and Chibnall could of worked together. Especially with whatever writers Chibnall puts in place for his new take on Who. The one thing that will be a make or break for me will be ?who? Chibnall gets to write the new Who stories. I certainly hope we can stop the revolving door of writers in the Moffat era coming back again and again. There's no doubt that the BBC executives want a return to the golden days of the Tennant and Russell T. Davies era. A younger doctor is surely on the cards, but the American market now takes precedence over how Doctor Who is viewed by those that control the money side of things at the BBC. If Class does well when it's shown on BBC America, then I would imagine the BBC will think much differently about how they can increase it's longevity with a possible American actor in the role. If that happens I'll never watch Doctor Who again. And that goes for a lot people who prefer the show to remain British.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 31st January 2017, 03:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I think Capaldi should of stayed on for just one more season to be honest. I know that Capaldi isn't everyone's cup of tea when it comes to a Doctor, but it would of been nice just to see how Capaldi and Chibnall could of worked together. Especially with whatever writers Chibnall puts in place for his new take on Who. The one thing that will be a make or break for me will be ?who? Chibnall gets to write the new Who stories. I certainly hope we can stop the revolving door of writers in the Moffat era coming back again and again. There's no doubt that the BBC executives want a return to the golden days of the Tennant and Russell T. Davies era. A younger doctor is surely on the cards, but the American market now takes precedence over how Doctor Who is viewed by those that control the money side of things at the BBC. If Class does well when it's shown on BBC America, then I would imagine the BBC will think much differently about how they can increase it's longevity with a possible American actor in the role. If that happens I'll never watch Doctor Who again. And that goes for a lot people who prefer the show to remain British.
They won't pick an American actor. I'm 99% certain of that. However it wouldn't bother me if say, Jared Padalecki from Supernatural got the gig. As far as i'm aware there are no Americans on the bookies shortlist.
Old 31st January 2017, 05:58 PM
Cult Master

Ice Warriors Return in Series 10 | Doctor Who TV

Lets hope they keep the armour on this time!
hivemind and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st January 2017, 06:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Ice Warriors Return in Series 10 | Doctor Who TV

Lets hope they keep the armour on this time!
A different kind of Ice Warrior? Look how they ****ed up the Silurians!
Susan Foreman and hivemind like this.
Old 31st January 2017, 06:15 PM
Cult Master

Apparently it's to be set on Mars

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st January 2017, 06:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently it's to be set on Mars
Hope they've got the dehumidifier on?

Like this? Share it using the links below!