Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2017, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished second seasons of both Kuromukuro and Kinghts of Sidonia.
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 21st May 2017, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dark net

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Net_(TV_series)
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Curry & Chips (1969)

A brave, if some would say foolhardy attempt to show racism for the nonsense that it is. Speight's shortlived sitcom is set on a factory floor with Eric Sykes as the foreman. Surely a recipe for success?
Sadly not as the British are not that fond of art being a mirror and all that squire.
The main thing is that it is funny. Some of it is funnier than other parts. Like any sitcom. And Spike is playing the same character in the Til Death... episode

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now watching more anime in the form of Tokyo Ghoul.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Twin Peaks: The Return, Parts 1 & 2

...what just happened? More Lynchian than ever, doesn't feel very Twin Peaksy so far but more like a new David Lynch show with some of the same characters. I'm 100% intrigued and entertained.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd May 2017, 08:58 AM
Cult Addict

Watched the first three episodes of American Gods. So far a solid adaptation with a fantastic visual style.

Have twin peaks set up to watch. Had a sneaky peak and it looks to be peaks by way of inland empire. That's me sold.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Watched the first three episodes of American Gods. So far a solid adaptation with a fantastic visual style.

Have twin peaks set up to watch. Had a sneaky peak and it looks to be peaks by way of inland empire. That's me sold.
I was getting a bit of Lost Highway, a bit of Eraserhead and Inland Empire - it's like a Lynch greatest hits. Others are saying that Part 3 starts feeling like Twin Peaks again.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd May 2017, 11:15 AM
Cult Master

As much as I detest Leigh Francis/Keith Lemon, I am really enjoying his Saturday night programme "The Keith & Paddy Picture Show" which he presents with Paddy McGuinness

It's nothing more than a television version of the Jack Black film 'Be Kind, Rewind', with 'Keith' and Paddy re-creating films on a tiny budget, and with some special showbiz chums, but it works because the two have an obvious love and respect for the films they are highlighting

Episode already broadcast have featured 'Dirty Dancing', 'Ghostbusters' and 'Return Of The Jedi' with upcoming episodes featuring 'Jaws' and 'Rocky'

Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict

Twin Peaks

I thought the first hour or so dragged a bit but was intriguing, although i think that was personal as it didn't seem very Twin Peaks as we previously knew it,swapping between other places not in the titular location.

Having said that it was all very concentrated Lynch, so i think on a second viewing and knowing what to expect i would be more happy to go with the flow.
As it moved into the second hour and shifted onto the black lodge, the dual Coopers and introduced more well known characters into the mix i became more at ease with the shows new style.

By the end i was left feeling satisfied and wanting more, so i will definitely be visiting Twin Peaks for the duration and am looking forward to seeing more.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Gods: Episode 4

not as good as the rest but it sets up Shadow moon, wife story from how they meet, her dying in a car crash while sucking his best friends cock till how she ends up in his hotel room.

Lucifer Season 2 episode 17

still dealing with Lucifer trying to get the three parts of the flaming sword so he can storm heaven. really is disappointing when you think what they could of done with the source material

Super-girl Season 2 Final

this has been superior this season to both Arrow and Flash. this episode with have the girl of steel facing off against Superman and a showdown with Rhea ( Teri Hatchet ). thought we might of seen the end of Mor El, but from the ending it looks like he will be back and seems Doomsday will be the big bad next season

Think i'm going to save Twin Peaks for the weekend, So please no SPOILERS
keirarts and Dave Boy like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!