Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2020, 03:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished episode 2 of snatch, reasonable star studded cast with Rupert grint being one of the main characters, while they could never match snatch it tries to do the camera angles, zooms, cinematography, editing, and humour like the movie but nowhere as effective, even with the series as a stand alone show I still feel the style and humour was a bit week and effortless and odd time fell a bit flat, give me lock stock the series any day of the week over this.
Old 30th December 2020, 08:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Home Alone: Britain's Favorite Christmas Movie

Whilst it's debatable whether it's really Britain's favorite Christmas Movie, it was a fascinating documentary on how this film came to be and was made. My favorite facts that were told were that it surprisingly beat it's competition, however the posters shown were for the Clint Eastwood Film, The Rookie and Mermaids, which to me weren't appealed to different audiences and that Warner Bros passed on this film when it went over budget, it cost $14 Million instead of $10 Million. Granted it was 1990 Dollars but Fox gleefully picked up the tab. Apparently Fox were quite happy with it's success.

Back To The 80's, 90'S AND 00'S

These were the countdowns that Channel 4 ran for viewers favorite shows for each decade basically it was a trip down memory lane especially for The NFL coverage in the 80's and The Big Breakfast, with Johnny & Denise, Football Italia and The Crystal Maze. It was for their homegrown shows but they did quick recaps for their American imports which I mainly watched. I think as time went on, Channel 4 tried to go with controversy,I believe that I would have like The Word because it featured the Live Music I liked but it would have driven me mad with the shock footage it included. Don't get me started with Eurotrash (Apologies if other posters liked it)

Home Improvement

Classic Tim Allen 90's Comedy where he is the accident prone and putting his foot in mouth in it host of a Cable Tool Show. It also follows his personal life with his wife and 3 Children. It's a very funny show where it's later Seasons does dive into some seriousness but is still enjoyable and boy do you see the Children grow from young Children into Teens. It is also very funny seeing him get out of situations where his sexism and blabbing about personal details get him into trouble but it's nothing malicious.
Old 31st December 2020, 05:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just watched Cannon and Ball on ITV3.
That was excellent from start to finish. What a laugh.
From a time when we use to have entertainent on the TV not the garbage we have now.
Old 31st December 2020, 06:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Just watched Cannon and Ball on ITV3.
That was excellent from start to finish. What a laugh.
From a time when we use to have entertainent on the TV not the garbage we have now.
Totally agreed , also Saw the film earlier in the year, corny cheesy but entertaining.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 31st December 2020, 08:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Armchair Thriller.

The Victim.

Part 1:
Business man Vincent Craig's daughter Sue is kidnapped, the kidnappers demand a ransom, Vincent can raise the money but decides to do things his way.

Part 2:
Vincent believes he knows who the kidnappers are and they have his daughter for personnel reasons not money and goes on the hunt for them.

Part 3:
With some help, Vince tracks down George Neecham, the disgruntled employee who Vincent helped put behind bars and believes he has his daughter, but does Vincent have the right man?

Part 4:
Vincent is trying everything to find his daughter, Sue becomes close to one of the kidnappers Frankie.

Part 5:
While in his search for his daughter, the police slowly close in on Vincent but has moved locations to where Sue was being held.

Part 6:
Vincent finally confronts the two kidnappers, but Sue may have her own plans and agenda for the kidnappers and for Frankie.

This was a interesting episode as it seems to have more twist and turns than a roller coaster, John Shrapnel plays Vincent Craig who thinks because he has money and targeted for that but turns out differently. There is a sense of Stockholm Syndrome thrown into the mix, this was well played out by all and can become quite tense.
Old 31st December 2020, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still Game: The Party.

Javk, Victor, Winston and Isa are heading to Tam's for New Year when they become stuck in the lift and remember the first Part Victor had when he moved into his new flat in 1975 when the lift stuck that year.

This was a laugh, seeing the actors playing the younger characters and Isa still being the nosey bag and Navid moving to the area and slowly learning the Craiglang slang, and Jack eating too much and throwing up on Betty. Tam the ever charmer bringing in a lass that everyone wants to talk to and Isa stripping off to get some attention.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 31st December 2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old 31st December 2020, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Still Game: The Party.

Javk, Victor, Winston and Isa are heading to Tam's for New Year when they become stuck in the lift and remember the first Part Victor had when he moved into his new flat in 1975 when the lift stuck that year.

This was a laugh, seeing the actors playing the younger characters and Isa still being the nosey bag and Naveed moving to the area and slowly learning the Craiglang slang, and Jack eating too much and throwing up on Betty. Tam the ever charmer bringing in a lass that everyone wants to talk to and Isa stripping off to get some attention.

Absolutely love still game, quality comedy and how comedy should be done.

First time I saw this I literally pissed my sides laughing never laughed so hard at any comedy for ages as much as I did as this clip.

If watched and know the story behind the clip would work better.
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 31st December 2020, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Absolutely love still game, quality comedy and how comedy should be done.

First time I saw this I literally pissed my sides laughing never laughed so hard at any comedy for ages as much as I did as this clip.

If watched and know the story behind the clip would work better.
This one cracked me up

Old 31st December 2020, 10:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
This one cracked me up

There so many clips that literally are proper belly laughs. A proper comedy that puts a real smile on your face.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 31st December 2020, 11:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
There so many clips that literally are proper belly laughs. A proper comedy that puts a real smile on your face.
This use to crack me up.

iank likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!