Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2014, 12:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
White Heat - loved it, James Cagney delivers a great performance as the psychotic mummy's boy Cody Jarret. They don't make em like this any more!
A great film. I was about to post that I've just bought this one in the recently purchased thread, too.
Sam and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 16th February 2014, 01:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Dem! Does Captain Philips have subtitles for the pirates/Somalian people's dialogue?
Because I begun watching a bootleg copy (I know I know, I'm sorry) which had no subtitles, Although it felt like it should have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw it at the cinema and remember the lack of subtitles, so you are in the same position as the crew and have absolutely no idea what the Somalis are saying.
Yes the dvd had subtitles. It must have been an error at the cinema because the early scenes in the Somali village would have been pointless without subs.
Old 16th February 2014, 02:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yes the dvd had subtitles. It must have been an error at the cinema because the early scenes in the Somali village would have been pointless without subs.
Yes, the scenes at the Somali village were subtitled, as were those when the pirates were chasing the ship. However, once the pirates were on board, all dialogue between the pirates wasn't subtitled, so the only English you had was when it was spoken.

I hope that makes sense!
Old 16th February 2014, 02:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes, the scenes at the Somali village were subtitled, as were those when the pirates were chasing the ship. However, once the pirates were on board, all dialogue between the pirates wasn't subtitled, so the only English you had was when it was spoken.

I hope that makes sense!
It does. However the dvd had subs for everything spoken in Somali.
Old 16th February 2014, 03:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Surely You're Next?!
Yes.

Grammar

The difference between "Feeling your nuts" and "Feeling you're nuts".
Sam and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 16th February 2014, 03:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
If it wasn't for everything I've read about how bad the 'puppet' is, I probably wouldn't have noticed it that much. Yeah, it's not the best, but we are talking c.1986
Where did you order from, mate? Diabolik?
Yeah Diabolik. About the only place to get them.
Old 16th February 2014, 03:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Yeah Diabolik. About the only place to get them.
Also, I know the effects are 1986. But all the other effects work in the films are great. The puppet isn't consitant in terms of quality with anything else in the film.
Old 16th February 2014, 03:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My Soul to Take

Average horror. A Family man has multiple personalities. One of them is a serieL killer, but he doesn't know it. Murders his pregnant wife amongst others. Goes missing (presumed dead) and becomes a legend of sorts. 16 years after his disappearance children born on the day he died start mysteriously dying!

Not terrible, but not great (especially from Wes Craven). Pretty predictable, especially the ending. Overall 5/10
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th February 2014, 05:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
My Soul to Take

terrible
I edited your quote to make it more accurate.
Old 16th February 2014, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Xfiles fight the future

Good but some of the multi episodes are a lot better. Just shows how massive this was at it time no other show I remember has ever had a big movie made while it was running. Looks gorgeous on blu ray and just make me want the series even more on blu. 7.5/10

Cocoon

A wonderful 80s feel good movie from Ron Howard, starring mr 80s himself Steve guttenburg, Brian dennehy, Don Ameche , Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn amongst others. Some aliens comeback to earth to get there companions that where left behind when Atlantans sank. They hire Guttenburg and his boat, a group of old people end up using the pool in the house the aliens have rented, needless to say it has a unexpected effect on them. 9.5/10

just before dawn

First viewing. Enjoyed it a superior slasher a lot better than most around the same time , it does nothing new but is very enjoyable with some interesting characters and a likeable group of victims, which is something these types of films today are lacking, the characters are usually so unlikable today that you don't care what happens and most of the time you can't wait for them to be killed . 7.5/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 16th February 2014 at 06:01 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!