All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2014, 12:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscreams View Post
Dead Man's Shoes (2004)
I watched this last night. This was quite an experience! Great film, I really liked it. The English was a bit hard for me to follow sometimes because of the dialect but that was not a problem really.
Yeah it should've had subtitles. I was surprised at how great Dead Man's Shoes was.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
If you like you war films full of one liners, cliches and flag waving heroics - this is not for you.
I think as a rule if you like war films then you appreciate all war films be it The Great Escape, The Longest Day, Das Boot, Black Hawk Down or indeed Downfall.

I'm currently watching the BBC's Colditz which is a pretty grim affair but i'm just as likely to watch Escape to Victory or Special Train for Hitler.
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th March 2014, 01:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lost In New York (Jean Rollin, 1989, Encore dutch dvd)
Another film from JR where an artifact found on the beach pesages some metaphysical shenanigans. Quite moving in parts, ponderous in others, but since it'a all about the image, what did I expect?

The Stendhal Syndrome (1996, Dario Argento, Quantum UK dvd) Well, i'l have to upgrade, after this froze 2/3rds of the way in. disc unmarked, and player cleaned recently. Disc rot?? Cest la vie, Arrow's one cheap on Amazon just now etc....ho hum.

The Human Centipede II: Full Sequence (Tom Six, 2011). Still funny as fizz. Mate was a bit stunned, more about the actors than the "action" etc. Roll on 3rd!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th March 2014, 09:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Seen some pretty great movies lately...

Daylight - One of the first Stallone movies I ever saw and one of his greatest. 7/10

Ender's Game - Great sci-fi film with Harrison Ford. Kind of like Starship Troopers for the family.

Dallas Buyers Club - Well deserving of the Oscars it won!

Kindergarten Cop - Who is your daddy and what does he do?! Love, love, LOVE this Arnie film! 9/10

Red Heat - First time I've seen this Arnie film and I really enjoyed it. Schwarzenegger and Belushi make a great pairing and the bus chase is awesome. - 7/10

Jurassic Park III - Sadly not as great as I remember. They should've built up the Spinosarus much more before revealing it. CGI was fairly lame too. - 5/10

One Million Years B.C. - Classic Hammer dino flick - one of my faves. 7/10

The Land Before Time - I used to have all of these movies on VHS as a kid, so this was a great nostalgic trip. The part when the mother dies is still so, so heartbreaking. - 7/10

Raw Deal - For me, one of Arnie's weakest films. It has a very messy plot, although the ending scene with the Rolling Stone's Satisfaction is great fun! - 4/10

10th Victim - Great fun Shameless film! Awesome DVD artwork and one of their best releases.

The Anomaly - Had a very early sneak preview of this movie that's yet to come out. An interesting new British sci-fi film with Noel Clarke.

Keoma - First time watching this and I can see why it's a classic of the genre! Loved it! Not quite as good as Django for me, but still excellent. - 7/10

Free Birds - I really enjoyed this animated film! I heard bad things, but it's actually very funny.

A Bullet For The General - Another Spaghetti Western I've never seen before. Great movie, but a little slow I found. Much prefered Keoma - 5/10

We Are What We Are - Top quality horror film, seeping with gothic style. It's very dark, doomy and depressing with a grizzly, shocking ending!

Cobra - Hell yeah! Stallone being at his coolest, with aviators & matchstick in mouth. Great fun action film! 8/10

True Lies - I used to watch this quite a bit as a kid and, after not seeing it for a good 10 years or so, I was surprised how much I remembered. Arnie at his best - lots of great comedy moments and action. 9/10

Bullet To The Head - Meh. Sorry Stallone - this one wasn't too good. - 3/10

Collateral Damage - Arnie takes a much more serious approach with this movie (which had a very troubled release due to 9/11). It's great to see Arnie 'acting' although it would've been nice if there was more action. 5/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32.jpg (104.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 10th March 2014, 10:06 PM
Cult Addict

I watched E.T. for the first time over the weekend with the kids and all three of us enjoyed it. Not sure why I've never seen it before. Then we continued our Jackie Chanathon with "Shanghai Noon" and "Shanghai Knights". To be honest, we all preferred these to the little fella with the glow in the dark finger. It's slapstick violence and casual racism or nothing in our house.
Old 10th March 2014, 10:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I watched E.T. for the first time over the weekend with the kids and all three of us enjoyed it. Not sure why I've never seen it before. Then we continued our Jackie Chanathon with "Shanghai Noon" and "Shanghai Knights". To be honest, we all preferred these to the little fella with the glow in the dark finger. It's slapstick violence and casual racism or nothing in our house.
But, but, but.... it's Owen Wilson
Old 10th March 2014, 10:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
But, but, but.... it's Owen Wilson
The kids really liked him, especially after I pointed out that his nose looks like a willy. Imagine my shock when the youngest, aged 6, replied "Yeah, and that Jackie Chan looks like a bit of a c*nt too!" I blame the parents...
Old 10th March 2014, 10:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
The kids really liked him, especially after I pointed out that his nose looks like a willy. Imagine my shock when the youngest, aged 6, replied "Yeah, and that Jackie Chan looks like a bit of a c*nt too!" I blame the parents...
They like Wilson but Mr Chan is a bit of a ****.

Just sums up society today.

Old 10th March 2014, 10:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hammer of the Gods (2013) No no no! I should liked this, historical (ish) vikings and so forth but it was cack! I saw it on the recommandation of the missus who saw it the previous night on her tablet.....obviously her screen was too small to see what a crap film it was!
Old 10th March 2014, 11:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Hammer of the Gods (2013) No no no! I should liked this, historical (ish) vikings and so forth but it was cack! I saw it on the recommandation of the missus who saw it the previous night on her tablet.....obviously her screen was too small to see what a crap film it was!
Perhaps you misheard her. She saw it the previous night when she was on tablets.

Like this? Share it using the links below!