All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2015, 07:22 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
A great slew of reviews yet again, MTDS. I think when your hand heals I'm going to send someone around to break it again!

I also disliked the first but actually mildly enjoyed the follow-up for some reason. It's not 'good' by a a long stretch though.

Great to hear you enjoyed it, and considering I really enjoy the 3 films you mention in your last paragraph consider it added to my rental list!
You better be quick then, the cast and wire are being removed this morning. Fortunately, I have an excess of codeine to aid any future reviews.
Old 27th August 2015, 07:49 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
You better be quick then, the cast and wire are being removed this morning. Fortunately, I have an excess of codeine to aid any future reviews.
So the choices are we can either break some more bones or keep you readily supplied with prescription pain-killers? Is there even any point in asking which would be more preferable.
Old 27th August 2015, 08:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm a bit narked that my cinema hasn't got The Gift. Anything that isn't big and loud (and usually dumb), they won't get.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th August 2015, 08:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Hope it goes well when they grab that wire with a pair of pliers and yank it out...
You could always film it and put it on here for all of us to wince at!!
But seriously, rather you than me!!!
Old 27th August 2015, 10:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

You yank your own wire Boo!!

The Anomaly (2013, Noel Clarke)
I did wonder why Clarke doesn't get more press whilst watching this. A perfectly servicable thriller/sci fi hybrid. Bit more po faced than Storage 24 admittedly.

As the rest of my day will be taken up by the launch of our website

www.radiobuckie.co.uk

I am planning to watch either It Falters again, or Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu! as respite later!! Wish me luck

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th August 2015, 10:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Hope it goes well when they grab that wire with a pair of pliers and yank it out...
You could always film it and put it on here for all of us to wince at!!
But seriously, rather you than me!!!
It was a really strange and painful sensation. Luckily I had necked enough opiates to have a near death experience beforehand to numb myself. I'll get the laptop out in a minute and upload the photo I took of the wire sticking out of my hand.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
You yank your own wire Boo!! :lol
I see you know my missus....
Old 27th August 2015, 03:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Old 27th August 2015, 03:53 PM
Cult Addict

THE BEAST WITHIN

A clunky 80s rehash of Lovecraft's 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward' with added monster madness and rape! Had this moved further away from the source material and unleashed the beast earlier in the film rather than endless scenes of bed bound teen angst, it could have been mildly entertaining.

On the film's plus side is an overbearing, arse dragging gloom that is amplified by the locations. The effects have that moist sheen beloved of the time and the gore is nicely handled with my favourite scene being the first murder by throat bite that for some reason keeps focusing on the victims foot squashing raw mince between his toes!
Old 27th August 2015, 05:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
THE BEAST WITHIN

A clunky 80s rehash of Lovecraft's 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward' with added monster madness and rape! Had this moved further away from the source material and unleashed the beast earlier in the film rather than endless scenes of bed bound teen angst, it could have been mildly entertaining.

On the film's plus side is an overbearing, arse dragging gloom that is amplified by the locations. The effects have that moist sheen beloved of the time and the gore is nicely handled with my favourite scene being the first murder by throat bite that for some reason keeps focusing on the victims foot squashing raw mince between his toes!
I does disagree,I think it has a feverish sweat to it,that reminds me of my teenage angst when i use to metamorphose into insect,your problem is your old you forgot what its ike to be angst ridden insect.

Like this? Share it using the links below!