Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2011, 06:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Paranoiac earlier today. Really good English gothic Hammer horror/thriller with an excellent performance from Oliver Reed. Lovely looking bluray too. Highly recommended
bdc likes this.
Old 20th July 2011, 06:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I know this is way off topic, but my list would have five names:

Boris Karloff
Béla Lugosi
Christopher Lee
Peter Cushing
Vincent Price
Karloff, Lon Cheney Jr, Lee, Price and Englund.
Old 20th July 2011, 07:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

And on topic, The Hills Have Eyes 2 (original). The Horror Channel.is getting better! The film was better than people make out, but I think they were broadcasting something that Emily Booth taped off the telly in 1988. Shoddy quality!
Old 20th July 2011, 11:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen the devils rock
it was a alright new zealand horror.

although I felt the demons real look was a bit too cheesy and reminded me of hellboy

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st July 2011, 11:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Crazies (2010). Very disappointing, unengaging, overly glossy remake that lacks everything that was so effective about the original. It's not a bad film exactly just plays the obvious cards throughout and has a weak cast.

The Blu-Ray itself is one of the best and most cinematic I have yet seen and heard. Astounding quality.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:54 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

BILL MAHER...But I'm Not Wrong
hilarious - politically acccurate
OBSESSION - the blu ray is superb, Arrow actually released a fine blu ray!
a brilliant psychological thriller, one of De Palma's best films and a haunting score by Hermann
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:30 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished The Man From Nowhere, a brilliant Korean Action thriller that has one of the best choreographed knife fights i've ever seen. It's like a cross between Taken and Leon and is brutal too.
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen 2 flicks tonight.

firstly I watched the 2008 revenge flick Sweet Karma. Its a good flick with a "twist" ending. Story wise its about this girl who goes about getting revenge against the people responsible for her sisters death..and then the ending you find a big twist! It was entertaining with good acting. 7/10

Now the second flick is Wasted on the Young. A Australian drama/thriller. Now I gotta say after this and Animal Kingdom Aussys have come back with a bang! They have made 2 awesome flicks. Animal Kingdom is the better of the two but this was still very good.
Its about a group of teens at a private school, it involves 2 step brothers and a girl. Things get bad at a party and then the sh*it hits the roof in the aftermath. Not gonna spoil it but it is a hell of a ride. The ending however might not be for everyone as it gets very unrealistic fast! I must confess I was slightly confused about what happened to Xandrie (the girl). Sure its far from the perfect movie but the casting and acting is very good and the story was interesting. If you like drama/thrillers check this out! 8/10

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

well, i watched the slightly better print (disc2) of Nightmare (in a damaged brain) must say this is my initiation into Code Red, and what a start. easily the best ive seen this sick puppy EVER look...i certainly will be telling the head honcho this as well...and the trailers!! Visitor (wow it was donkeys years since id seen this...bonny bonny print as well...its been a while since i gushed about anything)

Convert- red!! (groan)

as i cant get onto the CR site in library, can anyone recommend a decent retailer of CR stuff???...have been checking the CR thread...some of these are affected the same (family friendly filter etc GRRRRRR)

will watch print with comm tomorrow. kudos to all involved!!
PS anal niggle dept. why isnt the "thumbs up" emoticon in the "top 35" btw?
bdc likes this.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I also think the print on disc 2 is the best one I've seen so far,only checked out the others briefly (for now) though.
I also still have the audio commentary and Scavolini interview (my Italian is ok-ish) to go .

Good retailers for CR stuff:
Planet Axel most titles that are listed as "pre-order" are in stock btw!
Amazon.com
DiabolikDVD
Video Universe

Or you could also try Amazon UK,seems there's also lots of Code Red (except for the new(er) releases I think).

Last edited by bdc; 22nd July 2011 at 11:37 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!