All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179516Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I got a little mobile phone charm free with mine.

needless to say its still in the box.
I believe ya...
Old 19th September 2011, 10:22 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
Seems like some of us need this in our life

Enchanted Fan Club | Fansite with photos, videos, and more
I think it's a brilliantly conceived and acted film, but I wouldn't go that far!

I first saw Enchanted at the cinema when I went and it was showing at the same time as Bee Movie and, as I knew nothing about either, I went for Enchanted. I was pretty sceptical about what I'd let myself in for during the first five minutes, but loved it!
Old 19th September 2011, 10:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

i should have probably mentioned that i have watched Planet a lot, this being the first dvd of it ive had, scratchy print ahoy! looked like my War of the Planets quality wise haha, otherwise an atmospheric delight, and well, you know...the ending.

Black Sabbath on the other hand was worth the wait (Image Bava collection 1)...sumptious looking sets, some nasty violence and Karloff having a hoot. whats not to like? the last story easily my initial favourite (ive never had much luck graverobbing so i could sympathise ).

Can i also just mention that Green for Danger is on More4 in the morning some time this week? Alastair Sim's 2nd finest hour, and a good wee thriller to boot....
Old 19th September 2011, 02:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Once Upon A Time In The West. Not as much action compared to some other westerns, but it is a great film with a fantastic score which is great to listen to, but is very saddening.
Old 19th September 2011, 04:10 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
i should have probably mentioned that i have watched Planet a lot, this being the first dvd of it ive had, scratchy print ahoy! looked like my War of the Planets quality wise haha, otherwise an atmospheric delight, and well, you know...the ending.

Black Sabbath on the other hand was worth the wait (Image Bava collection 1)...sumptious looking sets, some nasty violence and Karloff having a hoot. whats not to like? the last story easily my initial favourite (ive never had much luck graverobbing so i could sympathise ).

Can i also just mention that Green for Danger is on More4 in the morning some time this week? Alastair Sim's 2nd finest hour, and a good wee thriller to boot....
I have been wanting to make the large alien skeletons from Planet of the Vampires for lawn decorations, along with the coffin from Black Sunday. Maybe someday after the rest of the house is finished.

Watched Green for Danger for the first time about a year ago. Loved it. Hoping it will turn up on Blu here at some time.

Watched Roy Colt and Winchester Jack last night after Take Me Home Tonight, liked both of them more than I thought I would.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 19th September 2011, 04:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
I saw Black Sabbath yesterday for the first time. And had a great time with it part from the middle story (a shame as Karloff is great in it) which just dragged on a bit too much, although I did like the window scene at the end.

The bookend stories were fantastic though. The Hitchock/gialloesque The Telephone was admirably done with a small set, but The Drop Of Water is hands down one of the best shorts I've ever seen. Atmospheric and genuinely creepy and laced with very dark humour, it's no surprise that the makers of Amer were enormously influenced by it.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 19th September 2011, 04:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

What Have They Done to your Daughters?

Very cool! A solid polizio/giallo, with a killer score by Stelvio Cipriani. I liked how the more sexual elements of the plot were dealt with a refreshing level of maturity and intelligence, and didn’t come across as tacked-on sleaze. Giovanna Ralli and Claudio Cassinelli give strong lead performances, the latter successfully playing the ‘rogue cop against the system’ cliché. Biggest surprise in the opening credits was that of bland Hitchcock leading man Farley Granger (!), though his role amounted to little more than a cameo. A central chase sequence delivered the goods in terms of action, along with some very effective stalk n’ slash style moments in the second half. The only major negative I would say is the ending, with an ‘is that it?!’ final action scene, and a very unsatisfying open-ended plot resolution. But definitely a highlight on my Giallo journey – look forward to seeking out the director’s What Have They Done to Solange? (...and maybe finish the trilogy with Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? ).
Old 19th September 2011, 08:39 PM
Active Cultist

Colin. Would have been vastly improved by being a short. Way too much shaky cam of someone walking around.

Beneth the Planet of the Apes. Some good bits but not the best of the sequels.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Finally finished watching THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy on dvd, hmmm... Glad I finally gave em a shot(I tried to watch the first when it came out on VHS, but fell asleep) They do look fantastic, no doubt about it, but it's still a tough slog. The third, RETURN OF THE KING would be my fave and the first I would rate the least, it starts great but kinda gets dreary. But Jackson does tell a good tale but I still prefer the BBC radio 13 hour version, but for the price I paid(just over a pound each for the 2disc versions) I can't really complain. If you wont splash out on the set, get RETURN and enjoy the final battle for middle earth.
Old 20th September 2011, 01:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Complices which is a 2009 french drama/thriller.

I enjoyed it, was a well made and acted flick with interesting story.

Its about this young guy the police find dead in a river and they try and find out who killed him. You then get flashbacks involving the guy and find out what was going on as the police do. Its nothing you aint seen before but was a good movie. Actor who played the dead guy is Cyril Descours and is very good in the flick.

7/10

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!