Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2013, 01:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
The new Total Recall is not a remake of the previous film which many seem to think. It is a new adaptation of the book and from what I I've read, a closer adaptation. Nevertheless, doesn't make it a good film though, although not seen it myself to be fair. Will check it out soon enough
Thats what I though but its a mixture of both. It brings back some details from the book but takes loads of stuff direct from the verhoven movie as well. It even has a girl with three breasts!
Old 11th January 2013, 01:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
The new Total Recall is not a remake of the previous film which many seem to think. It is a new adaptation of the book and from what I I've read, a closer adaptation. Nevertheless, doesn't make it a good film though, although not seen it myself to be fair. Will check it out soon enough
Escpecially when they lift LOTS of dialogue from the Arnie film. And if anyone is going to watch the Colin Farell Total Recall, I'd recommend the extended edition. It's a better film than the theatrical version, but that's not saying much!
Old 11th January 2013, 01:39 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I noticed that the UK and presumably the rest of Europe, actually had the uncensored 3-breasted girl scene in the theatrical version, unlike our prudish American cousins.
Old 11th January 2013, 01:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I took the day off work today to sit and watch as many films as I can.

1) A Boy and his Dog - wow! What a superb film. I just happened to come across it on Netflix after hearing about it from other Cult Labs members and I absolutely loved it. Shame the PQ is crap, I've heard all releases are though, way too dark in places so couldn't see what was going on half the time. I'd soooo love to see this again in HD, PLEASE someone remaster it, PLEASE!

What shall I watch now?.....

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 11th January 2013, 01:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I noticed that the UK and presumably the rest of Europe, actually had the uncensored 3-breasted girl scene in the theatrical version, unlike our prudish American cousins.
Do you mean to say that girls don't have three breasts?

Does that mean I have to sue my surgeon?
Demoncrat and Hawkmonger like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th January 2013, 03:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Black Samson (Charles Bail, 1974) titular hero takes on da mob (in the shape of genre stalwart William Smith)....guess what happens?? features some of the choicest "background" dialogue i've heard in a while, this will be rewatched very shortly methinks!!

Tombs Of The Blind Dead (Amando de Ossorio)
Mate said "what Blind Dead??" so on goes the first one. This proved to be a success. Did I mention I love this film?? Featuring as it does some choice imagery (the templars feeding etc), EVERYONE should have this (even OTB fans )....well maybe not J Morton cough cough

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th January 2013, 03:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

2) Shame - Great film, quite haunting with its dark imagery of New York. Might have to watch this one again with my fiance as she likes Fassbender so I'm sure she'll appreciate his long shlong waving around in HD

Next up.......Ink

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 11th January 2013, 04:55 PM
Cult Addict

NIGHT OF THE DEVILS.

Never heard of this one until RARO stuck it out, so I decided to buy it before the paychecks stopped coming.

Bloody marvelous film.

A real classic era italian horror with some great effects and a creepy atmosphere, I cant believe I missed this one all these years. A real classic vampire movie that deserves to be better known.
Old 11th January 2013, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran

I watched Berberian Sound Studio and thought it was amazing, went into it blind, only seen a quick clip about 5 days ago on here. There were one or 2 points that the subtitles were distracting and pulled me out of the film, most noticeably when the camera goes onto the 'Silenzio' sign, we know it says silence but have a big white subtitle at the bottom saying SILENCE is really off putting.

In fact, in my mind it would have been a much bolder move to not have any subtitles and really play upon the fish-out-of-water aspect of the story, so the parts in Italian we, the viewers, don't have an idea what the Italians are saying.

However small gripe aside, it was a brilliant and original film, really enjoyed it - last 20 minutes were ****ing insane, I think I need to watch the last half an hour again and see what happens

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th January 2013, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
last 20 minutes were ****ing insane, I think I need to watch the last half an hour again and see what happens
I watched it on Monday, and again on Wednesday, still don't understand what the Hell was going on at the end, for me that makes it all the more intriguing because it has me wondering what I've just seen!
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!