All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

some recent viewings and now watching dark waters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51X63WVVVQL.jpg (36.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg tujkkj.jpg (9.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 81mFIeKVoDL._SL1500_.jpg (98.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 81OwaMRtKaL._SL1500_.jpg (93.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 41H25QBJANL.jpg (31.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 51XAsNiaP7L.jpg (58.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Any idea when?
In December, according to bluray.com.
tele1962 likes this.
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:37 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
some recent viewings and now watching dark waters
What did you make of Cthulhu? I really rate it as one of the more interesting takes on Lovecraft.
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

13 Rue Madeleine (1947)

A stirring wartime spy drama with a semi documental opening half hour. Suitably gripping at times when the action leaves the training academy and the story fleshes out in war torn France.

Full of authentic locales, 13 Rue Madeleine is beautifully photographed, delightfully acted and a fine example of a non-gangster role for James Cagney.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vP0b4ThB4xn3tUiaPf6yQJVMvvK.jpg (103.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching season one of masters of horror.
Its a bit hit and miss some or on borderline of terrible.
Takashi miike imprint was stupid and pathetic imo a female who got a twin sister that a hand on her head got bit nonesense to me so skipped rest off it.. i know they are sttrange weird and different stories but some where just plain pathetic and stupid. overall i wasnt that impressed despite the odd one or two being realy good.
trebor8273 likes this.

Last edited by gag; 23rd August 2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Night of the Creeps on FILM4 as part of their Frightfest season.
First time seeing this in years, I'd forgotten how great it is, Tom Atkins is brilliant as always and as with Fred Dekkers later film, The Monster Squad, the blend of comedy and horror works perfectly.
Definitely one to add to the collection in the future.

Just had The Quiet Ones arrive from Lovefilm for me and my other half to watch tonight, we missed it at the cinema so I'm looking forward to checking it out, despite the fact I've read bad things about it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:38 AM
Active Cultist

This weeks Saturday morning 50s double bill maybe the best yet (I say that most weeks right enough)

The Asphalt Jungle - Part of the triumvirate of classic heist movies (The Killing, Rififi) and IMO the best. Everything is perfect here, from Marilyn Monroe radiant in a minor role, to Brad Dexter doing his trademark psycho, Sterlyn Hayden perfect as the hick bruiser - I could go through the whole cast. Every character is nuanced, even the worst have some humanity. It's the story that's king though, the remorseless way fate crushes everyone involved, even the peripheral figures, is masterfully done. A 10/10 classic.

99 River Street - we're in B territory here but it doesn't get better than this for entertainment. John Payne is an ex-pug with serious anger issues - not the man to cross as the assorted cheating dames and gangsters (Inc Brad Dexter doing another psycho!) here find out. Some first rate punch ups, plot twists and some unforgettable moments for Hollywood wild child Evelyn Keyes including a Mulholland Drive style audition scene. Said it a million times - David Lynch mainlined these movies. This is a great great little Noir, check it out.
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Also watched NOTC on Film4, highly enjoyable nonsense, Atkins being the standout of course.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sonisphere Highlights 2014;

Carcass performed one song live but it was amazing. Dream Theatre played two fantastic songs while Alice in Chains performed the classic THEM BONES live. Enjoying it so far. More highlights to follow
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Oh aye, after NOTC, I found Jason Lives on VIVA of all places. Cut to ribbons naturally...gave up after 10 minutes.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!