Like Tree179833Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2017, 10:08 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Nothing wrong with Die Hard 4.0.
Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

***internet disclaimer. No offence intended and everyone is welcome to their opinions. Also my taste in films has been known to be highly questionable. *****
Old 8th June 2017, 10:30 AM
Cult Addict

Lynch mob

Checked this out on the basis that it has Tony (street trash) Darrow in it. Basically the mobs go to guy for torture is both a sadist and a pederast with a taste for little girls. This rubs certain mob enforcers up the wrong way and leads to a falling out. After being captured trying to abduct a child the nonce decides to offer up the mob for his freedom. The FBI are at first reluctant to leave the monster on the streets but decide the opportunity is too good so they dump him in a safe house in the middle of nowhere. It turns out there are one or two locals in the area, they all seem to be under some kind of curse where they cannot be killed and have a craving for human flesh. Eventually the mob track down the snitch and things get bloody as the locals decide they fancy some 'italian'!
This is a low budget, incredibly trashy and utterly tasteless exploitation flick that relies on gratutious nudity and gore. As a result I found myself enjoying it somewhat. It helps that it's at least competently shot, if not competently acted and keeps things under the 90 minute mark to avoid boredom. Its also pretty cheap to get so worth a look.

Breeders

An odd little New york based riff on Humanoids from the deep where Aliens are abducting virgins for breeding purposes. There's no real reason to go beyond that as mainly thats it. It runs under 80 minutes and theres no real effort made to develop characters or plot. There is some genuinely gratuitous nudity in the picture including plenty of leering camera shots on breasts and one completely unnessesary naked exercise scene where a female victim strips off and begins doing her stretches right in her workplace as soon as people have left the room. She doesn't even bother locking the door! There are some half-decent effects in the film, mainly in the alien transformations from human to bug. The final villain wears a hideous sweater and the sight of the muppet alien wearing it cracked me up. 100% pure grade trash but entertaining.
Old 8th June 2017, 10:41 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Lynch mob

Breeders
Love both of those, K. Glad you do too.

I first saw Lynch Mob in 2014. I said it had a Sopranos feel to it. Frankie liked it as well.

What Films Have You Seen Recently?
Old 8th June 2017, 10:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That's generous! I think in the light of Logan this comes off even worse than it did upon release.
I really like it. It's the weakest of the trilogy that started with the excellent First Class and continued with the also awesome Days of Future Past, but I find it a satisfying conclusion overall despite some gripes. It still has enough of what was great about the first two, and the third act is spectacular.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 8th June 2017, 11:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

***internet disclaimer. No offence intended and everyone is welcome to their opinions. Also my taste in films has been known to be highly questionable. *****
No offence taken. It's not really a Die Hard movie, but i'm willing to ignore that as i enjoy it. Now, if we're talking about A Good Day to Die Hard, then...
Old 8th June 2017, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
No offence taken. It's not really a Die Hard movie, but i'm willing to ignore that as i enjoy it. Now, if we're talking about A Good Day to Die Hard, then...

Only seen that one once and that was enough, absolute garbage!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th June 2017, 11:25 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
For me Die hard 3 is the best of the sequels.

As for X-men Apocalypse. I think if I'd seen it after the first 3 X-men flicks I'd have enjoyed it more. Marvels Civil war really moved how to shoot a fight between heroes forwards in terms of staging, framing and editing making it feel more organic. X-men really showed how little Bryan singer understands about action scenes. While I enjoyed wonder woman I had a similar problem with the ending of the film. Not only was Ares poorly realised but the fight felt like more of a light show. It wasn't enough to wreck the film as the scenes of Diana fighting the germans were excellent.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 8th June 2017, 11:26 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Um...i really like that one too. And to be fair there hasn't really been a Die Hard movie since, well Die Hard. The second is the closest but it still lacks that desperate siege element that made thw original stand out.
bleakshaun and Deadite like this.
Old 8th June 2017, 12:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I haven't seen it since taking the kids to watch it in the cinema, but I enjoyed X-Men: Apocalypse, but what do I know, I watched Die Hard 4.0 and Alien: Resurrection by choice the other day
There's nothing wrong with Alien Resurrection! (well, there is but I enjoy it regardless)

I'm not a big fan of Die Hard 4.0 and have only watched X-Men: Apocalypse once fairly recently and thought it was okay. I'd probably watch both again if they were on TV but doubt whether I'd buy them.
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 8th June 2017, 12:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Now, if we're talking about A Good Day to Die Hard, then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Only seen that one once and that was enough, absolute garbage!
Yes, an absolutely awful film!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!