Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2014, 09:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
For me, the entire 'season' was the best one since 'season' 13 - Terror of the Zygons/Planet of Evil/Pyramids of Mars/The Android Invasion /The Brain of Morbius/The Seeds of Doom
Really? Or are you kidding?
Old 8th November 2014, 10:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
For me, the entire 'season' was the best one since 'season' 13 - Terror of the Zygons/Planet of Evil/Pyramids of Mars/The Android Invasion /The Brain of Morbius/The Seeds of Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Really? Or are you kidding?
Honest Injun!

I thought the stories were consistently good. Other seasons might have had a few stand out stories, but this one didn't have any poor adventures

I also loved Capaldi's Doctor - he was a real stand out for me
Mojo and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th November 2014, 10:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Honest Injun!

I thought the stories were consistently good. Other seasons might have had a few stand out stories, but this one didn't have any poor adventures

I also loved Capaldi's Doctor - he was a real stand out for me
Season 14 was terrific as was season 26. Season 30 (4) was the stand out of the new series to me.
Old 8th November 2014, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Am i right in thinking Missy teleported rather than been shot as all through the episode blue effect was used for teleport effects and red for death?

It seemed slightly confusing due to the Cyberman cut away straight after.
Old 8th November 2014, 11:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

You hear that?.......That'll be me being silent again this week!
Old 10th November 2014, 03:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Simpering crap. The Brig saves the day? Titter titter.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th November 2014, 04:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
You must be having a laugh or April Fools has arrived early on Cult Labs.

Wow, Death in Heaven was bad. We need a retcon, quick. I mean I had low expectations from last week's cliffhanger, but I was still unprepared for the depths this sunk to. It was an hour long car wreck that just kept happening. Everytime I thought it had hit a low ebb, it got worse. It was so bad it was actually offensive, in virtually every way it could be. Capaldi I'm still on the fence with as the 12th Doctor, but to state that the "entire season" was the best since season 13 is taking the p*** in my view. If I had my way, Steven Moffat has totally outstayed his welcome, and maybe we need Phillip Hinchcliffe back! Dr Who really has lost the plot. I've lost all intrest in Dr Who. Steven Moffat is to be whipped by his female Master Missy until he comes up with a better ending after 12 episodes of vertual crap. The only episode I will give credit to was Flatline. The rest was average or below. As for Missy ascending like Mary Poppins from the sky.....:laugh That's my love affair with Dr Who finished. Back to watching season 13 I guess. Better stories, writting and a more mature approach to Dr Who. Steven Moffat, you need to be sacked.

Last edited by hivemind; 10th November 2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10th November 2014, 05:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
You must be having a laugh or April Fools has arrived early on Cult Labs.

Wow, Death in Heaven was bad. We need a retcon, quick. I mean I had low expectations from last week's cliffhanger, but I was still unprepared for the depths this sunk to. It was an hour long car wreck that just kept happening. Everytime I thought it had hit a low ebb, it got worse. It was so bad it was actually offensive, in virtually every way it could be. Capaldi I'm still on the fence with as the 12th Doctor, but to state that the "entire season" was the best since season 13 is taking the p*** in my view. If I had my way, Steven Moffat has totally outstayed his welcome, and maybe we need Phillip Hinchcliffe back! Dr Who really has lost the plot. I've lost all intrest in Dr Who. Steven Moffat is to be whipped by his female Master Missy until he comes up with a better ending after 12 episodes of vertual crap. The only episode I will give credit to was Flatline. The rest was average or below. As for Missy ascending like Mary Poppins from the sky.....:laugh That's my love affair with Dr Who finished. Back to watching season 13 I guess. Better stories, writting and a more mature approach to Dr Who. Steven Moffat, you need to be sacked.
Just because someone has a differing view to you doesn't mean they are taking the piss.
Mojo, Rik and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 10th November 2014, 07:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just because someone has a differing view to you doesn't mean they are taking the piss.
Well, season 13 was total Dr. Who quality in my view, but of course, we all have an opinion or view. But to put season eight of Dr Who up against probably one of the finest seasons is something of a looooong stretch. Dr. Who always stir's the emotions. And Steven Moffat just about takes the cake. Not as bad as Russell T. Davies, but he's certainly getting close with this two parter.
Old 11th November 2014, 02:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

I loved the final episode - in particular the PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES vibe from the Cybermen clawing out of the graves. Brilliant!
A terrific finale to what is, in my opinion, the best series since the relaunch in 2005.
And Peter Capaldi IS the Doctor!

Like this? Share it using the links below!