Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28674Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2017, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I just hope Chris Chibnall writes the series better than Moffat and his clunky crew.

Russell T Davies gave the show some witty dialogue. Aside from the odd smutty line his political correctness was in saying that every planet has a north. He introduced the bi-sexual Captain Jack to the series, a brilliant character who's flirty delivery was tongue in cheek and not in the least bit PC, yet also realistic and became a firm favourite with the shows fans.

Whereas Steven Moffat rammed everything down our throats from gay Silurians (We're married you know), the Doctor having a wife - Riversong - to Capaldi lecturing us on sexual politics.

Why is this? Davies is gay but Moffat isn't. Surely it should have been the other way round. Except Moffat forced his ideas onto an audience whereas Davies let people make up their own minds with brilliant, action packed, event television.

People say the show has now died with a female Doctor. No, it started to die once a politically correct straight man was in charge of the show.

I hope Jodie Whitaker saves the show from what it became.

With the change of Dr and writers I am going to start watching again as I gave up half way through about 2 series ago. It was just terrible. My kids stopped watching it too and they will watch anything...and we are fans of Whittaker from Attack the Block and St Trinian's.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:41 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Well the BBC have got what they wanted.

Front page headlines in all the papers (except The Times). It hasn't been like this since the heady days of Tennant.

People will tune into the first episode of the next series... it's up to Chris Chibnall to keep them there.

No pressure!
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
With the change of Dr and writers I am going to start watching again as I gave up half way through about 2 series ago. It was just terrible. My kids stopped watching it too and they will watch anything...and we are fans of Whittaker from Attack the Block and St Trinian's.
i honestly think a lot of people will come back to the show now, just like and think those numbers will out weigh the sad lonely sexist fanboys who threaten to never watch again
Old 17th July 2017, 11:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default The Doctor Who Thread

It's no secret on here that I'm not a fan of the show, I've tried numerous times over the years to get into it and failed miserably, but I'm willing to give the new series a try. If I lose an hour (?) of my time in doing so, so be it because I've wasted many more hours watching shite horrors from Poundland etc.

I will say this though, the amount of pissing and moaning that's filling up pretty much all my social media newsfeeds over the decision to cast a female is absolutely pathetic and funny at the same time
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th July 2017, 11:56 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Bloody typical!

Attachment 192652
Can i just say that the Doctor has never been able to control the TARDIS.

That has been the whole point of the show.
Rik likes this.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

having a quick look at the papers, its no surprise that the only two who are against a female doctor are the daily mail and the express
Susan Foreman and will graham like this.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Caring less about tennis than I do about .....tennis, i was rather hamused to see a lot of texts start popping up. mostly of the "It's a woman!!" variety.
I thought
"Thank Cthulhu it isn't Kris Marshall"

And that's all I think until I see the quine in action.

Enjoying the majority of idiots moaning about this "PC nightmare"
I think that we in the West have an unique set of criteria. Pampered as we are.
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th July 2017, 12:09 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Bloody typical!

Attachment 192652
Of course, no male Doctor would ever have an accident in the TARDIS, would they!

Oh, except Colin

and David

not forgetting Matt

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th July 2017, 12:12 PM
Active Cultist

I dont mind the choice and like it and never had a problem with the idea of the doctor changing sex. Don't know if people remember but when Romana first regenerated she was eyeing up being a man.

However I cant help but feel the real reason they've chosen the doctor to be a woman is too get a reaction especially since theres been so much moaning recently about the doctor always being a white male.

I'll watch it although im still only 2 episodes into the last series but yeah i hope next season it isnt repeatdly mentioned that shes a woman. Just let the doctor do what the doctor does, just dont go on about the gender.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
having a quick look at the papers, its no surprise that the only two who are against a female doctor are the daily mail and the express
Have you actually read what the Mail's tv critic says?

I agree with a lot of it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!