Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2505Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2012, 02:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

David Mitchell - Back Story. Well, if I was going to marry Victoria Coren, I'd write a book about it as well.

Quentin Crisp - Resident Alien. His journals from the 90s.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd December 2012, 02:59 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Yeah, I really liked Once... It had a kind of erotic fairytale vibe to it, which I liked. It's well written too, which helps.
I'm getting it for Christmas. So I can look forward to that.
Old 2nd December 2012, 06:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Currently reading "The Battle of Corrin", one of the Dune series prequels. Then it will be some light reading with all 3 volumes of "the collected teachings of Ajan Chah".
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 2nd December 2012, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I have the first two books in the series, I used to sit their pissing myself reading some of the entries, you'd think at my age I'd be toilet trained.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
to be honest Rik the older you get the more toilet training you need,something to look forward to.
I thought everyone read Viz publications whilst on the toilet anyway?

I have an earlier Profanisaurus but I really should be keeping on top of modern vocabulary.
VicDakin and stefanmetal like this.
Old 2nd December 2012, 06:30 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
Speaking of James Herbert anyone here read The Fog? I'm currently about half way through and loving it.

The other book that I've read by him was Creed. Love the weird demon sex part. He should write full erotic stories.
That's spooky... I'm currently thinking of picking this book for my final academic paper (along with some other British Horror literature).

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:51 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
That's spooky... I'm currently thinking of picking this book for my final academic paper (along with some other British Horror literature).

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2
As a matter of fact it was only last night that I finished reading it. I think I want to move onto more serial killery books so I think I'm going to read American Psycho. A few people have told me that it's the sort of book that I would really like.
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
As a matter of fact it was only last night that I finished reading it. I think I want to move onto more serial killery books so I think I'm going to read American Psycho. A few people have told me that it's the sort of book that I would really like.
It's a great book, my copy is in tatters from the amount of times over the last 10 years that I've read it, the film certainly does not do it justice, there's no way they could film half the stuff in the book!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It's a great book, my copy is in tatters from the amount of times over the last 10 years that I've read it, the film certainly does not do it justice, there's no way they could film half the stuff in the book!
Same with my copy. It is such a fantastic book and really not the typical serial killer style book, a fantastic read much better than the film.
Old 2nd December 2012, 10:01 PM
Cult Addict

Just ordered these two. The first is the final novel in a trilogy of barking mad Steampunk novels, that are well worth your time and energy. The second one is plain madness but I have a soft spot for occult Nazis. However the author of this one is highly respected in esoteric circles and not your usual loon who writes on this kind of stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Burton.jpg.size-230.jpg (29.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg arktos-polar-myth-in-science-symbolism-and-nazi-survival.jpg (38.5 KB, 4 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd December 2012, 10:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Same with my copy. It is such a fantastic book and really not the typical serial killer style book, a fantastic read much better than the film.
I still like the film, but like I said, there's no way they could ever do the book justice, legally anyway
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!