All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th August 2018, 10:56 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Bloody Movie (1987)

Riotous, meaning probably not very good but a lot of fun anyway, slasher film about a group of college types and a couple of bikers who hang out in the supposedly abandoned mansion of silent movie star, Lance Hayward. Unfortunately for the fun loving kids someone starts offing them one by one disguised as Hayward's greatest movie characters.

It's not just dumb college types and Michelle Bauer's biker chick (Gratuitous nudity alert) that come to a hideous demise though as some of Hollywoods celebrated B-players also end up hacked to pieces. At times Bloody Movie is a gameof 'spot the celeb' as Aldo Ray, Alan Hale, Dan Haggerty, John Ireland and Cameron Mitchell all turn in cameo appearances usually culminating in gory bloodshed.

As far as slasher movies go Bloody Movie won't be challenging the likes of The Prowler and My Bloody Valentine at the top of that particular blood soaked tree but it is decent fun with some creative kill sequences. You never have to wait too long before someone gets murdered and the old school Hollywood references add to the films unusual charm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bloodymovie.jpg (48.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 24th August 2018, 11:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Happy Birthday To Me.

Ginny(Melissa sue Anderson) attends a posh school called Crawford academy and hangs out will a clique of rich kids known as the top 10.
But a insane maniac is murdering them one by one starting with a girl called Bernadette who gets her throat cut Argento style.

as it turns out Ginny has had a lot of problems in her life as she never used to be popular before in school, and was involved in a bad accident that killed her alcoholic mother and left Ginny needing brain surgery.

this i found was a very entertaining and well made slasher film, although it is more of a giallo type thriller than a straight out slasher. the killer wears the black gloves and the style of the murders make me think that the director had seen a few Italian horrors.

Actor Glen ford also co stars in it as the creepy psychiatrist chap who was Ginny's doctor after the accident.

a bit long and at times confusing this is still a classic which i rate very highly, and is a cut above it's rivals .and award it 85.7 out of 100.

Old 24th August 2018, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Basically a love letter to the 80s. I really love the whole shining scene, and now seen this a few times and still spotting some new Easter egg etc. 9.2/10

Next up the black cat (Bela Lugosi)
Old 24th August 2018, 11:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched "Justice League: Gods and Monsters" last night. I will not post any spoilers for anyone who has not seen the film and not bother anyone with the story if they don't like animated "CAPES" but I will offer up this nugget of info: the animated movies are, so far, much, much better than the live action DCU movies!

"Justice League: Gods and Monsters" gets a massive recommendation from me. It is one of the DCU "Elsewhere" stories as is "Gotham by Gaslight" and it takes the well known trio of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman and *tweaks* their origin stories a little. It makes you think one way about the characters until well into the third act and then does a 180 on you.

Every single one of the DCU animated features has impressed me greatly but you all know that I can be impressed by a Punch & Judy Show: 28/10

Monster Magnet
Old 25th August 2018, 01:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

National Lampoon's European Vacation. 1985

The Griswalds win a vacation, what starts as a happy moment turns into chaos.

In this sequel Amy Heckerling is at the helm of the director's chair but doesn't really follow the slapstick comedy. There is funny moments but nothing ott till Clark is able to start a fight with some Germans while dancing.

There is a small appearance from Eric Idle who adds some of his Monty Python moments that is recognised and still makes us laugh but still worth a watch. 6 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg european-vacation-poster.jpg (98.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 25th August 2018, 08:58 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
National Lampoon's European Vacation. 1985

The Griswalds win a vacation, what starts as a happy moment turns into chaos.

In this sequel Amy Heckerling is at the helm of the director's chair but doesn't really follow the slapstick comedy. There is funny moments but nothing ott till Clark is able to start a fight with some Germans while dancing.

There is a small appearance from Eric Idle who adds some of his Monty Python moments that is recognised and still makes us laugh but still worth a watch. 6 out of 10.
The scene where they leave that European family as great friends who then have no idea who the Griswolds are always tickles me.
Old 25th August 2018, 01:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Theres Something About Mary.

Ben Stiller is the high school nerd who gets a date with the beautiful Mary after impressing her by sticking up for her handicapped
brother. but it's a total disaster when he ends up getting his meat and two veg stuck in his zipper and ending up in hospital.

many years later he tries to track her down by hiring a sleasy private investigator played by Matt dillon. but Dillon decides he wants
her for himself and tells Stiller a load of lies about her.

this is a very funny film in deed, with great slapstick and a better plot than most. and has loads of great gags, including the dog electrocution scene and the notorious hair gel one.

The gorgeous Cameron Diaz really shines in this film and Matt Dillon gives a excellent performance as well.

In these days when everyone is getting offended it is nice to see films which have the courage to go against the tide. and i award this
88.5 out of 100.

Old 25th August 2018, 06:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lemming(2006).

Unusual supernatural French thriller about a recently married couple, Alain and Benedicte, who give a dinner party for Alain's new boss and his wife Alice.
The dinner is a total disaster, though, as Alice, played by Charlotte Rampling, is incredibly rude and tells them all about her husband's affairs. Things go from bad to worse, and later on, Alice kills herself in their back room.

Highly recommended if you like surreal type cinema in that unique French style. And is a well made film that really holds your attention.

Charlotte Gainsbourg, who plays the part of Benedicte in the film, is superb. As are the rest of the cast as well.

The title of the film "Lemming" refers to a small rodent that Alain finds dead in a pipe under the sink, and is a metaphor for events in the film.

If you're looking for something different, this is a film for you. And is a challenging film that mixes fantasy with reality.

8/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51jaIj68ncL._SY445_.jpg (26.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 25th August 2018, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A man is rescued from sea with two bullet holes in his back, he has no memories of who he is or how he end up shot, but he discovers he has a very unique and dangerous set of skills , which he will need when people start trying to kill him. 8/10

Watching three billboards now,excellent why did it take me so long to watch it. Hard to watch in places but has a great use black comedy and McDormand is fantastic in the lead role.
Old 26th August 2018, 12:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Demons.

An old witch is burnt at the stake by the inquisition but she puts a curse on them and says that her daughters will take revenge.
Meanwhile the orphaned daughters are being raised in a convent, and come to the attention of the witchfinders and Lady Windsor, especially after one of them starts having sexy dreams and seducing the other nuns.

I have been getting into these Franco films lately, and although they are a bit hit and miss i find them entertaining. and this is one of the better ones, with lesbian nuns, black magic, torture, and nice sets and costumes as well, when they wear costumes that is.

and the scenes with the witch turning people into skeletons by kissing them is fun as well and made me laugh.

So i give this enjoyable and trashy piece of nunsploitation 72.6 out of 100.

Like this? Share it using the links below!