Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2022, 07:41 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

38469-stone-cold-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

A cop that never sticks by the rules is on one of his many suspensions when he is approached by the FBI with a way to cut his suspension short. The job is to go undercover to infiltrate a biker gang called the brotherhood who are making big moves in the drug market.

Bikes chicks rock n roll boobs and Brian Bosworths amazing mullet i shouldnt really need to say anymore than that

Stone Cold is such a great film really enjoyed the story and all the fast paced action bike chases fist fighting hairy drunk bikers shooting beer cans off each others heads. With all the things i mention the film is not cheesy in anyway. Brian Bosworth is tough as nails but he isn't a one man army just single handedly busting everyones heads which makes the story more believable. The acting is all good with Lance Henriksen as Chains the President of the Brotherhood and always a favourite of mine William Forsythe as Ice his second in command.

I can't drive home this next point home hard enough to everyone Brian Bosworths Mullet is a work of art especially in the opening scene when he shows up in the supermarket magnifique i repeat MAGNIFIQUE

Recommended if you enjoy having fun
Old 10th July 2022, 08:28 PM
Cult Master

MV5BNjE1ZDcwZDQtYmNiOS00NzZhLWJjZDYtYWRmYzE0NGI5NDAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Oh look a group of city dwelling 20 somethings heading to the woods with their smartarse attitudes and disrespect for nature and local traditions. These "kids" are heading up to do some camping but the area has a killer past and the sheriff is worried that no good will come to this kids if they go messing about and poke their noses in places they should not be. In this place there is a legend about Viking Beserker warriors and what they would do to their enemies and also that the spirit of these warriors lives on through their ancestors as long as the bloodline survives.

This started out as all these films do teens drinking smoking dope getting pulled over by the cops for some stupid reason and the teens not listening to any sort of warning so nothing new so far but the story was original so i was interested to see how this would go. It didnt go well when it comes to the kills not that there are many most of the people in the film survive which is rubbish for a start anyway when the kills are happening it just looks like the people getting mauled are get getting rubbed with a big furry glove and everyone ended up with the exact same cuts in the exact same places of their bodies every single kill is a carbon copy of the one before .

Bad acting and bad kills is one thing but the pay off in this was bloody trash with the final show down just left me sitting here saying WHAT THE F****************

Not recommended.
Old 10th July 2022, 08:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 241047

Oh look a group of city dwelling 20 somethings heading to the woods with their smartarse attitudes and disrespect for nature and local traditions. These "kids" are heading up to do some camping but the area has a killer past and the sheriff is worried that no good will come to this kids if they go messing about and poke their noses in places they should not be. In this place there is a legend about Viking Beserker warriors and what they would do to their enemies and also that the spirit of these warriors lives on through their ancestors as long as the bloodline survives.

This started out as all these films do teens drinking smoking dope getting pulled over by the cops for some stupid reason and the teens not listening to any sort of warning so nothing new so far but the story was original so i was interested to see how this would go. It didnt go well when it comes to the kills not that there are many most of the people in the film survive which is rubbish for a start anyway when the kills are happening it just looks like the people getting mauled are get getting rubbed with a big furry glove and everyone ended up with the exact same cuts in the exact same places of their bodies every single kill is a carbon copy of the one before .

Bad acting and bad kills is one thing but the pay off in this was bloody trash with the final show down just left me sitting here saying WHAT THE F****************

Not recommended.
It's amazing how ill we get and we end up watching shit, remember Nordi no matter what you do...you can never unsee a bad movie
Nordicdusk and nicholasrope like this.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 10th July 2022 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10th July 2022, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My goodness, that poster reminds of The Wall somewhat.
Ahem.

One Cut Of The Dead (2017, Shinichiro Ueda)

Finally got to see this one. Was it worth the wait? Yes ... and no tbh.
A film crew making a horror film end up battling real monsters. Sounds great doesn't it? Well .... it is and it isn't. I had high hopes with this one, and I just felt that it didn't hang together properly. Though I may have not been in the right frame of mind tbh. Still thinking about that Cronenberg flick. It's been years since a film left such an impact tbh. The last one was Calvaire.
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th July 2022, 09:00 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
My goodness, that poster reminds of The Wall somewhat.
Ahem.

One Cut Of The Dead (2017, Shinichiro Ueda)

Finally got to see this one. Was it worth the wait? Yes ... and no tbh.
A film crew making a horror film end up battling real monsters. Sounds great doesn't it? Well .... it is and it isn't. I had high hopes with this one, and I just felt that it didn't hang together properly. Though I may have not been in the right frame of mind tbh. Still thinking about that Cronenberg flick. It's been years since a film left such an impact tbh. The last one was Calvaire.
Ahem.
Its almost the same.
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.
Old 10th July 2022, 09:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Kickboxer 3: The Art Of War. 1992

David and Xian travel to Rio for a Kickboxing exhibition and uncover a child slavery and prostitution ring.

Sasha Mitchell and Dennis Chan return, this time in South America and meet somewhat rich man who promotes fights and has a business thing going on the side which seems to upset our American heroes who try and break it up. Sasha's acting does seem a bit wooden in this but does make up with the big fight. This was one of those that must have went straight to video and for what it's worth this was decent, sadly not available to get number 4 and 5 so Kickboxer: Vengence is up next.

Attachment 240993
I believe that you stopped watching this set of Kickboxer Films at the right point. Whilst Mitchell is in IV, Quissi is not and Tong Po was back. It looked weird, not seen number 5.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 10th July 2022, 09:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
I believe that you stopped watching this set of Kickboxer Films at the right point. Whilst Mitchell is in IV, Quissi is not and Tong Po was back. It looked weird, not seen number 5.
From watching The Amityville films...there is a point where to stop unfortunately with them I stopped at the wrong point, with Kickboxer I'm not going to look for the other two. Good call with the third though Nicholas, that was better than I thought it would be.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 10th July 2022, 09:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 240994

Ten years after he witnesses his brother get murdered in Thailand Jake is back to avenge his brothers death. Jake is now a cop and is on an undercover mission to bring down an organisation making kung fu snuff films. Haunted by the memories if what happened to his brother at first he turns down the case but after watching one of the films the man who killed his brother appears on screen and Jake knows the time has come to settle the score.

Holy shit the film is so hilariously bad the fights are decent enough but the acting is so shockingly bad the whole film is like an 80s arcade game with Jake looking like the hero in every single beat em up you ever played . He spends most of the film shouting in peoples faces while they try conduct a normal conversation and his constant overly dramatic screams of anguish are just mind blowing . Then there is Billy Blanks matching Loren Avedon every step of the way for crown of worse actor in the film . Towards the end of the film they dont even bother remembering the main characters name and they start calling him Jack instead of Jake
Just to top it off the end of the film they throw in a few random explosions just so our hero can stand in front of the flames with his new gal in his arms

After all is said and done is this an entertaining film? Hell yeah it is it never gets boring at any stage well worth watching if you need a good laugh.

Recommended if your in that sort of mood
So love this Film, watched it many times:

I remember on my 15th Birthday. I got 20 quid (A lot of money back in those days) and I remember on a Saturday back in 95 in November, I got Dance Mania 95 (Had many of the biggest Dance Hits of that year) instead of Shine 3 (Yes I remember) and picked up the 4 Front Video (Oh the memories of them and Cinema Club) of King Of The Kickboxers for 6.

Many years later whilst browsing the HMV DVD Racks, I notice that Universal had released a DVD for the same price (Weird) so obviously I bought it however the picture was poorer (For a DVD) I've looked for a Blu-Ray but it's only under German Import under the title Karate Tiger 6 (Can't buy it due to the disrespect lol) 88, anyone, a UK release would be very much appreciated.

Anyway when I watched the DVD, I noticed that there was an extended scene, this was where they were shooting a Film in the Garage and the DVD showed a cover being pulled off and revealing a dead, bloody, naked Woman an Blanks placing the guy on the hook. The VHS cut off that scene at where Blanks bashed the head on the table.

The Movie that Avedon watched (At least the talking was from No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers which starred Avedon and a couple other actors from King Of The Kickboxers.

Also Avedon and the Actress apparently couldn't stand each other.

Billy Blanks does make a convincing Villain.
Old 10th July 2022, 09:37 PM
Cult Master

image.jpg

A woman has a lucky escape from a serial rapist and murderer who is terrorising a seaside town. She is the first victim to survive but she also got to see his face when he removed his mask but unfortunately for the cops because of the trauma she suffered she has blocked the face from her memory. After trying to kill herself she is saved by a stranger who turns out to be a different rapist living in the same town now she is his sex slave. What are the chances.

Oh god this was terrible . There is so much happening in every scene that makes no sense for example our main female character gets a phone call that starts out all calm suddenly she is screaming her head then playing with her boobs in the mirror then a second phone call that has her in a panic and fear so much going on in less than a minute

The killer wears a mask and a runner glove with long rubber claws but manages to rip through all his victims chests stomachs and out their backs and even worse its the exact same kill over and over the same shot each time maybe the colour of blouse changed once . In many of the scenes when the camera cuts away from our female lead when it cuts back she has a totally different hairdo going on Also the same tune is playing over and over through the whole film which was annoyed the t**s off me.

Some bits made me laugh but thats not a good thing.
Old 10th July 2022, 09:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fragasso innit? Never forget he brought us Troll 2

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!