Like Tree179653Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2013, 04:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Just watched MANIAC COP 2.

It's a region free blu like most of Blue undergrounds output and looks phenomenal. Definitely the best presentation of the film to date. Its a really fun sequel and goes totally over the top compared to the first. The extras are all great fun as well and it's a highly recommended purchase.
The commentary really got on my nerves. Every single shot - "this is New York.... this is LA". I don't care! And Refn responding to everything with an unenthusiastic "oh wow".

Maybe I was in a bad mood when I watched it.
Old 30th November 2013, 04:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Just watched MANIAC COP 2.

It's a region free blu like most of Blue undergrounds output and looks phenomenal. Definitely the best presentation of the film to date. Its a really fun sequel and goes totally over the top compared to the first. The extras are all great fun as well and it's a highly recommended purchase.
Watched 2 and 3 last night agree amazing job has been done on them don't think they will ever look better. Think 2is my favourite
Old 30th November 2013, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Corruption

WTF, completely weird and sleazy film set in the swinging 60s, with the great peter Cushing going on a killing spree of beautiful young women to maintain his wife's looks after she is disfigured in accident. Lots a blood and nudity and the last 20 minutes or so very gripping and bizarre. 8/10

Maniac cop 2

Matt Cordell returns and goes on another killing spree, the survivors from the first movie are some of our cops first victims, in what a find a better film than the first it's just seem bigger and more fun with better kills and action. Our heroes this time round are Robert Davi and Claudia Christian. With a have a great scene which seems a nod towards terminator when our maniac cop goes on a killing spree in a police station. 9.5/10

Maniac cop 3

Our ever loveable office of death is brought back from the dead by a voodoo priest. Police officer Kate Sullivan is called to a robbery where see shoots the robber and is then shot by a would be hostage who turns out to be the girlfriend of the robber. Kate is shot by the girl and ends up killing her in self defence. A news crew at the scene edit the footage to make it look like Kate shot a innocent victim. Robert Davi returns and tries to kill Kate's name, but Cordell sets out to punish those responsible for framing Kate , along the way our zombie cop falls in love and wants to bring her back as his zombie bride. Another fun little film and rank Cordell up there with the likes of Freddy , Jason and Michael. 8.5/10

Next up puppet masters, which is on the deep rising /puppet master blu wry, which is region free even though it's says region a on the back.
keirarts and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 1st December 2013, 10:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched army of darkness last night. Forgot how entertaining it is. 10/10 for the army itself
Rik, Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 1st December 2013, 03:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Fear in the Night and Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings. Fear was okay but not one of Hammers finest hours IMO. Peter Cushing didn't feature too much in this one. Ralph Bates and Joan Collins were pretty good, nothing too demanding of either actor.Pumpkinhead II was just terrible. Started off okay and then just ended up been awful on every level. Decent KNB effecfs couldn't save it for me. J. Trevor Edmonds was wasted in this, he was much better in ROTLD3
Old 1st December 2013, 05:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I watched Assault on Precinct 13 again last night, an awesome film.

Today I was stuck in doors so found time for Wolverine, Gangster Squad and ShadowDancer. The latter, which I missed at the Edinburgh Film Festival last year, is particularly recommended. A very effective thriller about an IRA informant set around the time of the Good Friday Agreement.

and finished the evening with another look at Carrie one of only a handful of successful Stephen King adaptations. Will try to catch the remake if it plays the local Kino.

Last edited by SShaw; 1st December 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 1st December 2013, 07:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Vampire Circus on German blu,I thought it looked good for an older, slightly problematic if you're glued to the screen, transfer.
I've read it looks better than the US blu (both use the same master) btw.

Anyway I've been picking up some selected Hammer films on blu lately (still own loads on vhs/dvd).

It was an enjoyable watch and I'm probably going to dream about female vampires again...which is always a good thing.

Old 1st December 2013, 08:05 PM
Cult Addict

Curse of Frankenstein the Lionsgate blu.
Classic film somewhat spoiled on this viewing for me by being split over two nights.
Personally the academy ratio doesn't work for me so i watched the 1:66:1 version. That said I think the 1:85:1 ratio of the older Warner dvd suits the film better again but thats possibly because it's how I'm used to seeing the film.
While it's not awful, I'm not blown away with the transfer by any means and it does look a bit washed out to me. Still some great extras on a set well worth the munjee though.

Last edited by J Harker; 2nd December 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 2nd December 2013, 09:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

watched the directors cut of natural born killers yesterday, boy that was worth it. didn't even know that there was a scene with tommy lee jones' head on a broom. still is a favourite of mine with top notch performances by woody harrellson and juliet lewis. also robert downey jr was good.
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
watched the directors cut of natural born killers yesterday, boy that was worth it. didn't even know that there was a scene with tommy lee jones' head on a broom. still is a favourite of mine with top notch performances by woody harrellson and juliet lewis. also robert downey jr was good.
I can only watch it for about twenty minutes before getting really annoyed at it and switching it off. It's just all over the place and feels like awe it'd acid trip of a film... And not in a good way.
SCM likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!